Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunshine Salad

I've recently added another blog to my repertoire "Hot Dog! It's a Food Blog" and the blogger, Rhea recently uploaded a salad that I am totally hooked on. I'm dying for warmer weather and this salad reminds me of sweet summertime. My favorite thing about this salad is this it is quick and easy!

Needed Ingredients:
1/2 an avocado
3 large strawberries
1/2 bunch of kale
1 cup of water
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
1 pinch of Chia Seeds

Heat the 1 cup of water in a medium skillet and throw in the kale - make sure you've pulled the kale apart into small pieces. Let this steam for five minutes. After 5 minutes, place the steamed kale in the fridge to cool while you make the rest of the salad.

photo-6_1024

Take half of an avocado and cut it into small chunks and also cut your 3 large strawberries into small pieces. Place them into a serving bowl and add the 1 tsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then bring the kale out of the fridge, mix it all together and serve cold. The one twist that I added to Rhea's recipe is that I topped the salad with a pinch of Chia Seeds for an extra crunch. I recently read on LiveStrong.com that Chia Seeds is one of the Top10 healthy foods that everyone needs to add to their meals so I have been trying to incorporate them more. Try this recipe out and check out Rhea's Blog for more recipes :)

 photo-7_1024

No comments:

Post a Comment