Friday, March 22, 2013

Keepin it Comfy & Casual for Friday with Wedge Sneakers

You can't wear high heels everyday... So that's why they made wedge sneakers! Just kidding (kinda). Today I wanted to spotlight a trend I'm seeing everywhere. Sportswear hit New York Fashion week by storm this September and from it emerged wedge high-top sneakers. From Aldo to Bergdorf Goodman this trend is showing up at all levels of distribution. I would say the most popular brand going after this trend is Ash. They have the cutest silhouettes in the most vibrant pop colors. But let's be real... Are wedge sneakers going to be in next Fall? Or are they going to go into my Good Will pile when I go to transition my closet next year? Who knows.... But I wasn't keen on spending $165-$225 and upwards on something I wasn't sure was sticking around for more than a season. I went on Amazon and sure enough I was able to get a pair for $45 and a pair for $58. If your are looking to test the waters with this trend at an affordable price I suggest you start there. But here are some other links of designer brands and their interpretation of the trend: Ash, Ash2, Giuseppe Zanotti, Prada, Jimmy Choo, and the list goes on

Here is how I wore my wedge tennies on casual Friday. Kept it simple with a zip up sweatshirt from Nordstrom years ago & AG jeans. If you have a body and struggle with finding the right fit in jeans, BUY AG! I'm totally hooked. They have them at Bloomies, Nords, L&T, Saks, Neimans, but if you're looking for a deal I've seen them and purchased them off of online flash sites like rue lala, ideeli, and Hautelook. They are definitely worth the original ticket price though.

photo-39 

My pop of color in this outfit comes from the accessories - Gold and Pink. The bracelet was a Xmas gift from my sister and its by Jennifer Zeuner. I love the evil eye and haven't taken it off since I got it (even when I wear silver jewelry). 

photo-40

The Ring was a birthday gift from my Dad :) It's by Dara Ettinger and he got it from Henri Bendels but you can find a lot of her stuff on one of my favorite jewelry websites Max and Chloe
photo-38 


 Lastly the earrings are from C. Wonder 


 
photo-37

1 comment: