Monday, March 18, 2013

What do you eat for Breakfast?

By no means am I a morning person or a cordon bleu chef for that matter so due to both I always eat my breakfast on the go. Obviously the healthiest route would for me to wake up early and prepare something every morning but that is just not realistic. I have tried every breakfast bar/meal replacement bar under the sun and most of them are terrible for you (especially for women). Most are packed with carbs, processed components, and unless you're in the gym for 2 hours every day, they do more harm than good. I was finally recommended LARA bars by a trainer over a year ago and have been hooked ever since. Lara bars are 100% natural bars made by all natural unsweetened fruits and nuts. Each bar doesn't exceed 9 ingredients and even the chocolate chips vegan and don't include dairy or soy

photo-35 

They have over 19 flavors and the few that have chocolate make for a great chocolate fix. My favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. You can by these bars at any Whole Foods or health conscious market. 


photo-36

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steph! I'm Katie Hogwood's friend from college - I met you once when she was in town, probably over a year ago. So excited you have a blog too! I love reading Erin's and it looks like yours is going to be just as great :)

    Question about the Larabars - do they keep you full? I've tried them a few times and like the taste, but have always been afraid that they wont keep me full because the protien is lower than the other bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Britt!

    Thanks for following! That's a great question and I contemplated including it in the blog post... the best thing to do after eating one is to drink a large bottle of water because then it soaks up the bar and expands in your stomach. On some days if I need more, I just have a small serving of fruit

    Hope this helps! xoxo

    ReplyDelete