Monday, March 25, 2013

Healthy Dinner Ideas

I am definitely a creature of habit. When it comes to eating (or songs on the radio) I over indulge to the point where I never want to see or speak of that food ever again. Ask my roommate - last year I ate turkey bacon every morning for 3 months straight... This routine is CLEARLY NOT HEALTHY. With both fitness and diet one of the keys to success is to maintain a balance and keep variety. I don't eat red meat (don't worry I wear fur so I'm not an animal activist) so I don't eat enough protein and try to find other protein options. Eating healthy can be time consuming, expensive, and let's face it not as yummy so when I find options that I would actually choose over the fat stuff because the flavor is so good - I get really excited. Here are the two options that I just found at my organic market that I'm obsessed with:

photo-42 

This Tofurkey Italian Sausage is amazing and I'm having to force myself to not eat it every night. I've never been one for Tofu but the seasoning is amazing. In 4 links there are only 12grams of carbs and 29 grams of protein

photo-43 

I just tried these Turkey Meatballs tonight and they were so delicious that I am definitely hooked! In six turkey meatballs which is one serving size there are only 2grams of carbs!!! And 15 grams of protein. Both the Tofurkey and the Turkey Meatballs have both oven and microwave options - for those less domestic like myself :)

1 comment: