Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Happy 94th Nana

Fact: EVERYONE that knows me, knows that I have the most amazing Nana in the world. Today she turns 94 so I had to write a post about her and how thankful and inspired I am by her. My grandfather passed away 3 months before I was born and my Nana decided she was going to live life to the fullest and travel the world making friends every place/country/cruise ship/island she visited. She has told me numerous times that life is all about making memories with the ones you love and she has definitely done just that.

Nana gets older every year, but her spirit remains upbeat and contagious. Although she might not be able to ride up a mountain in Santorini on a donkey anymore (she did this twice in her life, the first for the hell of it, the second to prove she could still do it) she still is so young at heart and definitely "broadened her horizons" in her later years.

She stays up on her current gossip through her subscriptions of 'People' magazine, never missing a single issue. She regularly calls me to make sure that I am aware of the happenings in Hollywood - what Posh Spice (as she still refers to her) is doing, how Lindsay Lohan is a train wreck, and how Britney needs to get it together because the shaved head look wasn't cute! She watches "Step Up" at least once a month because she loves Channing Tatum and then fights with me on who's boyfriend he is (she tells me to get in line behind her). She watches "Dancing with the Stars" religiously and was so relieved when she could ask me in person- "why do they call him The Situation?" Also notable that during the second season (I think) I asked her who her favorite contestant was and she said hands down Lil Kim. She lives for the Packers and Aaron Rodgers -one of her 73678 boyfriends- see picture below for proof.

All of these hysterical stories show how adorable and cool my Nana is but the lessons that are derived from these, are what I try to remind myself of regularly. Don't take yourself too seriously- Live life with a smile- Family and Memories with your family come first. So I recommend that everyone take a page out of Nana's book (I mean it's gotten her to 94) and relax, live a little, add some shock value just to keep people on their toes, and be thankful for every moment that you have. Happiest of Birthday's to my Girl- NANA

 photo-052 

Girls Brunch in WI this last weekend


  IMG_2080 

Nana Sportin Green&Yellow on Gameday!
 

nat 

Nat (my sister) and Nana this past weekend in WI for a pre Bday Bash - notice the Bday Tiara 

No comments:

Post a Comment