Friday, May 17, 2013

Spring High-Lows

So yesterday was absolutely gorgeous in the city and for the first time I think Spring might actually be here to stay (for 2 weeks until summer begins). I looked ahead at the forecast and decided that I was going to wear a very West Coast outfit that I had worn a couple of weeks ago while I was in LA. The reaction was hysterical. I decided to ignore the fact that New Yorkers are permanently in black and jump head first into splashed colors. I wore this tie dye high/low skirt that my sister picked out for me last year at South Moon Under. I was a little hesitant towards high-low last year because they were everywhereeee but this was my first and I love it! I looked even more ridiculous given the fact that there was a little wind so when I walked down the street I had this floating tail following behind me. Sometimes you just have to be able to giggle at yourself...

photo-52

Here are some High-Low Skirt options from Lulus.com that I love: Print & Solid with Lace Panel

photo-53

I wore one of my summer staples - my cropped jean vest from Zara with studded collar. Get ready to see this vest a lot because I'm obsessed with it and during the hot summer use it as a fall back to wear my "warm weather" clothes a little more work appropriate. Here is a great Denim Vest option from ShopAkira

photo-54

  Since I wore a plain white sugar lips tank top underneath the vest, I decided to wear 2 of my newest necklaces layered together. The shorter necklace that says "DREAM" is a BCBGeneration affirmation necklace and the long necklace with heart and horn charm is Rebecca Minkoff. I bought the Dream necklace at Lord&Taylor but here is the bracelet version which is also adorable

photo-57

As seen in other posts I also wore my Juicy white aviator sunnies and my staple summer wedges from Lulus.com

photo-51

No comments:

Post a Comment