Friday, May 24, 2013

Birthday Brunching

If you follow me on Instagram or twitter (@stepheintz for both) you've probably begun to realize that my friends love to celebrate birthdays in a big way. It seems even when we try to be "low key" it seems to take a sharp left turn and never fails to be story worthy. For my friend Monica's bday, we decided to just do brunch at il Bastardo in Chelsea. Sounds innocent enough right? well it's actually the furthest thing from that ha. Il Bastardo has become known to be one of the city's most hyped bottomless brunch hotspots. Absolutely no one goes there for the food (I've never really loved anything I've ordered there food-wise) but your glass is guaranteed to never be less than halfway full which can get deadly. House music is blaring so you can barely hear one another and in the back rooms there are even strobe lights. My friends and I started at il Bastardo and didn't make it far afterwards, at which point we ended up with sparklers and bottles at Bounce Downtown by the sharp hour of 3pm. This is not normal nor is it typical protocol. However, it made for an early night and way more sleep than I typically get :)  Here's the outfit that I wore for the occasion:

IMG_0421

I've always put "Boyfriend" jeans on my bucket list for something I would eventually buy but I'm a skinny jegging fan and wasn't sure what I was willing to spend on a trend that is supposed to make me look like a boy and not necessarily so flattering. I found these boyfriend jeans for only $59 from Zara and they are great to wear when you want to highlight a killer pair of heels - one way to offset the Boyfriend-ness of the jeans ha.


IMG_0433

These Lamb heels were ones I got off of Shopbop and were on my wishlist for what seemed like eternity before I finally took the plunge. Of course they are now on sale.
 
IMG_0423

  I also got this amazing army green jacket from Zara at the same time I found the jeans. I'm obsessed with the cut and love that the hardware is gold

IMG_0430

For my accessories - my sunglasses are Tory Burch from a few seasons ago. Here is a similar pair with orange T logo sides on sale from CUSP 

IMG_0429

My clutch is also Tory Burch. I got this during her infamous Xmas sale a couple years ago and I love the shape so much that I wish I got more! Here it is in black at CUSP

IMG_0437

  Lastly, my embroidered tank is also from Zara. Here is another embroidered option here. My necklace is from Forever21 from years ago.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend :)

All Photos were taken by Searching4Orchids

1 comment: