Thursday, June 6, 2013

Polo Playin

To piggyback off of yesterday's post, I wanted to share what I wore to the BCBG Press Event on Tuesday. I think I wore this outfit because I was upset I wasn't attending a polo match this past weekend in the Hamptons so maybe I subconsciously channeled what I could've worn. I think that this outfit makes me look more like an actual polo player than a spectator but that's just a technicality.

photo-103

So I wasn't exactly reinventing the wheel with sporting white on white - It's a classic summer look that always looks sharp and in my opinion MUST be worn with gold jewelry and a tan, but I put my own spin on it with this amazing BCBG Motor Jacket

photo-104

The best part of this jacket is that it is canvas but the tobacco brown parts are leather. To be honest when I first walked past this jacket, I thought it was ugly on the hanger but 9 times out of 10 if I go back to those items they end up being some of my favorites! This case was no exception.

photo-111

The Shirt I wore was $9.99 and the pants were $29. I am a HUGE advocate of mixing price points, not to mention it's the only way I can afford to stretch my dollar on some fun pieces like this jacket

photo-107

As fate should have it, this necklace from BaubleBar arrived in my mailbox the day before the press event - It was meant to be! My FAVORITE blogger Courtney Kerr designed a collection for BaubleBar and the first day it was launched I bagged two items because she is one of my accessory idols and this necklace was one of my purchases. 

photo-108

I topped off this outfit with patent peep toe chocolate stilettos by Brian Atwood - if you held a gun to my head and made me pick a favorite shoe designer I would probably have to say Brian Atwood - I've rarely met a pair I wouldn't wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment