Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Breakers in Palm Beach

With all the traveling I've been doing lately, my posts are a little out of order with order of events. Here's a flashback to my family vacation on Palm Beach Florida. Since I was a little girl, my family has been lucky enough to frequent The Breakers in Palm Beach and it has become one of my favorite hotels that I have ever stayed at. Palm Beach has become the scene for the Hamptons regulars' during the non summer seasons. It's really peaceful to go there during the summer because it's pretty dead and you can really unwind and relax. Synonymous for Lily Pulitzer, preppy clothing, and fancy cars- the people-watching scene never disappoints. The last night my family was in PB, we went to The Breakers for dinner; who revamped their main dining room to be an Asian fusion/50's inspired restaurant. The waitresses all wore 50s black dresses with their hair in romantic bouffant buns. Most of the dinner tables were surrounded by couches instead of chairs- giving it a swanky lounge feel. Although the decor and ambiance were both amazing, unfortunately the service was not up to par with the way it had been in my past visits. Even though we were disappointed, we will definitely go back and hopefully have better service. We obviously weren't too deterred since we returned the next day to do some shopping :)


photo-241
This is the view as you are driving up to The Breakers 


photo-242
 Here is the gorgeous lobby of The Breakers


photo-243
Here is the main restaurant inside of The Breakers

 
photo-244
  I couldn't resist taking a picture inside this Lilly Pulitzer store that is on The Breakers property - how cute! The colors are prints force a smile on anyone's face


photo-245
 No caption necessary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment