Sunday, December 15, 2013

Healthy Apple Chips

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I knew it was inevitable that I was going to be eating a lot so I decided I would try a healthy snack recipe to try to counterbalance the chocolate Pecan Pie that I was downing (Thanks Mom). I eat a lot of almonds and cashews and although they are a great source of protein for you, they are not great in the mass load quantities that I eat them in. I think it's the crunchiness that I like the most so given that I decided I would try out these apple chips. Here is what you need: Apples, Coconut Oil Spray, Cinnamon, and Splenda

- Preheat the oven to 250. Then start by thinly slicing an apple to paper thin slices (if they are too thick they will take longer to cook). 
- Then spray down the cooking sheet with coconut oil spray.
- Lay the apple slices on the sheet and sprinkle one packet of splenda over the apples and then sprinkle cinnamon as well
- Set your timer for one hour and let the apple slices bake
- After an hour, flip the apples to the other side and sprinkle additional cinnamon and let them bake for another hour
- After the second hour check to make sure that the chips are crunchy enough, if not let them bake for longer
-ENJOY :) 

photo-301


photo-300

 
photo-298

 
photo-302

1 comment: